biting the bullet...

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Hi all,

i'm having HBA1C next monday and tests for thyroid problems, the week after i see my DN for results...

that is when im gonna 'bite the bullet'...

i've done hours and hours of research... really i have!

on insulin pumps.. the criteria.. the pro' and con's models available etc,

im planning on wrting down exactly why i think i should have a pump...

im a shy person when it comes to things like that and tend to give up easily.. like if they said point blank no i'd feel embarrased and just agree...

but i feel that passionate about it i dont want to back down...

can anyone give me any tips in thissort of situation?

any would be grrrrreat :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi Ebony,

I appreciate that you may not be confident at speaking up, I was the same once, but I find that the only way of moving forward in this world is by being assertive and standing your ground. By all means write down notes and take them along with you, and refer to them during your consultation. Mention that you have researched the 'pros and cons' of the insulin pump, and you think that you can stabilise your diabetes by going on the pump.

As always in any situation, be polite but at the same time don't be frightened to speak your mind, especially when it comes to your health.

Good luck

Nigel

JANROU

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Ebony,

Do you have anyone who could go with you, they can ensure that you get all points across and you cover everything you want to say. They don't need to speak out just be there giving you encouragement. If you don't get the answer you want this time remember to bring it up next time. I was lucky my DN suggested it to me and it hasn't taken long for me to be approved. Hope everything is ok with your thyroid tests and you get what you want :)