Tankie1rtr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals, and Ignorance
Hi All.
Can anybody please tell me if Black Coffee is bad for Diabetics T2 on Insulin. Caffinated & De Caffinated.
Thanks
Tankie

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Love my esspresso. I take it with double cream because the skinnier the milk the higher the carbs. Go decaff if you want to. When I first started out, I found that tea spiked me. I couldn't stand full fat milk in tea and always used SS. Got my A1c down from 122 to 35 doing keto in 4 months. A few months after that, I tried a cuppa with SS, no spike. So everyone is different, all you can do is eat/drink and test.

And, unfortunately, soya milk is disgusting to my taste.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't believe black coffee is bad for any type of diabetic - it has no carbs - though mine has cream in it...

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Black coffee isn’t bad but some have experienced that coffee does spike their blood sugar. Again we are all different, for me personally I do need the tiniest amount of insulin for it. I like it with plant based milk, vegan cream and sweeteners.

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
We are all different, test to your meter and you will find out.

D

Deleted member 308541

Hi All.
Can anybody please tell me if Black Coffee is bad for Diabetics T2 on Insulin. Caffinated & De Caffinated.
Thanks
Tankie
I do not need insulin, but I drink full strength black coffee with no sugar / sweeteners in it.