1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Bleeding after injecting insulin

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Ixarix, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Ixarix

Ixarix Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks for the responses they've been helpful and reassuring. It is easy to get into panic mode over small things if you don't have a lot of experience with them.

• Like Like x 3
  2. een1968

een1968 Type 1 · Newbie

I have been diabetic now for nearly 20 years and this also happens to me sometimes. You need to rotate injection sites and make sure you change your needles as blunt needles will also cause bleeding/ bruising. If your still worried talk to your diabetes team.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Dodo

Dodo Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Injecting for over 50 years and still sometimes draw a little blood but never worry about it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Wowsap18482

Wowsap18482 · Member

Same here sometimes I bleed a tiny amount after taking the needle out of where I injected myself with insulin

5. Ray 37

Ray 37 · Newbie

6. Ray 37

Ray 37 · Newbie

Yea i thought i was doing my insulin wrong it was a small dot of blood i wipe and cleaned it but im new to taking insulin im glaf its jus 10mg i gotta take but its a struggle i git anxiety i have to calm myself down before i inject myself

7. spendercat

spendercat Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks for this discussion. It reassured me .

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook