ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
over the past 10 days, i have had a blip where i thought sod it and eat what i want
was feeling sorry for myself and now going to be on tract

Reactions: 6 people

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We all go through periods of thinking sod it and eating what we want (well may be not all, but I certainly do) The main thing is to realise that it is just a period and that it does have to come to an end.

I hope you are feeling better and ready to pick yourself up and start again. There will always be a place on the wagon for you whenever you realise you have fallen off it.

Reactions: 3 people

brottonmoores

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Ally I really sympathise with your blip I really blipped my self this weekend (I was one year since we had to have our beautiful chocolate lab put to sleep) but like you I am back on track
Are you finding it hard after your blip to do without carbs again I know I am
Love to you
Jan

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
We are all human, everyone will fall off the wagon sooner or later. The important thing is that you have picked yourself up, dusted yourself off and climbed back on.:D

Reactions: 5 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi ally, we have all been there :) sometimes everything just gets too much

Reactions: 4 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: 2 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Hi Ally, well done for getting back on the wagon, that's much more important than falling off :)

Reactions: 10 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
over the past 10 days, i have had a blip where i thought sod it and eat what i want

Well done for coming back Ally, and for your usual honesty. Don't be too tough on yourself. You've have a really tough couple of months, and these things have a way of catching up with us.

Welcome back onto the wagon.

Reactions: 8 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Ally I was wondering where you'd got to - now I know scrambling back on the wagon!! It happens and I'm sure that most of us have fallen off at some time or another but at least you're getting back on track.

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's good to be honest Ally, stay with it.

Neil

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey @ally1, It's real bummer when this happens, you can get really disappointed with yourself and once sliding downwards so easy to keep going. Don't underestimate yourself, you have climbed a mountain getting back on the wagon, that's a real positive move.

I've just had a weekend similar to your 10 days, too much beer, embarrassed to say how much, and meals that contained foods I tell everybody else not to eat, didn't do much testing either.

You have come such a long way Ally, now your back, if you can keep doing what you have been doing, maybe tweak the portion control and a bit of exercise you will soon be there. I'm sure those sticky fasting numbers will drop.

Keep it up girl.

Neil :)

Reactions: 8 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had the same blip over the past year, LOL! Well done with getting back on track so soon :)