Blisters on soles of feet

Debs1960

I am type 2, on humalin I, humalog and sitagliptin, I have started to get blisters on the soles of my feet, not through shoes rubbing, they just appear randomly, has anybody else had this problem, and if so how did you cure them.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Hello, You could try searching " pompholyx" to see if this matches your symptoms. It is a condition that only affects the hands and feet. Hope this helps as I know from experience how miserable this can be!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Debs1960 said:
I am type 2, on humalin I, humalog and sitagliptin, I have started to get blisters on the soles of my feet, not through shoes rubbing, they just appear randomly, has anybody else had this problem, and if so how did you cure them.

This is something you should see your gp or a podiatrist about, any problems with the feet when diabetic needs to be seen by your health care team.

Sunny

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I get Pompholyx on the soles of my feet & hands too.(I'm Type 2). It's a type of excema. It usually blisters then dries & cracks & peels. Some people find it terribly itchy and sore- mine never itches though.
It does need seeing / diagnosing & treating if it is that - but treatment is notoriously difficult I believe.