Blood glucose 12.9

cardmaker

I have suffered from reactive hypoglycemia nearly all my adult life but have always been told that sooner or later it will turn to type 2 diabetes. I have always been careful with my diet and mostly all has been good. For one reason or another I had a chicken caeser burger in a bun and a few fries from Burger King. 2 hours later I felt awful and my blood glucose was 12.9. Does this mean that I have diabetes? I know I should make an appt to see the Dr but am really scared about this. It has never ever gone this high before.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
There could be a number of reasons for the high reading. Obviously the fries and the bun. When you say 'chicken caesar' does that mean chicken with caesar salad? because some of these commercially produced salad-dressings are very high in sugar.

The safest thing to do is to go to your doctor or practice nurse and get a fasting blood glucose test done. No-one here is qualified to diagnose you; the doctor is the best one to put your mind at rest.

If you are diabetic, everyone here will help and support you. Diabetes is not something to be scared of, I've discovered! with help from this site. If you are not diabetic, still read around and follow the advice on here, to make sure you never will be!

Good luck, and make sure you let us know what happens.

Viv :)

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
Scrooge . People who are always feeling sorry for themselves . The NHS . The benefit agency .Atttention seekers on forums or chat rooms.
Hi card
did you test before you had the food ? How long after the meal did you test? Don't panic as this will lift your levels too. Out of interest what is your recent score?