blood glucose levels

cbhandari

Is it normal for blood sugar levels to measure at 13 mol/l at 5 pm and then drop down to 5.5 mol/l , 90 minutes later. The last meal i had for the day was at 11 am. Is this normal or could there be an error in glucometer. I took no medications or did anything physical in that period of time.
I am newly diagnosed so dont know much about it.

Reactions: Tickledpinknot

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It is impossible to say without knowing what your normal levels are, and what you were after the previous meal you had at 11am

If you see an unexpected number, it is best to do a re-test straight away as we all get rogue readings from time to time - and either one of those readings could have been a rogue one. Did you wash your hands thoroughly and make sure they were dry?

Having said all that, if 13mmol/l was accurate enough, that reading was high. Double figures are never a good idea.

What did you eat at 11am?

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Too many medical appointments
The winter months, it’s cold when you’re bald!
Is it normal for blood sugar levels to measure at 13 mol/l at 5 pm and then drop down to 5.5 mol/l , 90 minutes later. The last meal i had for the day was at 11 am. Is this normal or could there be an error in glucometer. I took no medications or did anything physical in that period of time.
I am newly diagnosed so dont know much about it.
I have had readings like that when I’ve had too much insulin in the morning trying to compensate for steroids.
I find eating 3 times a day helps to stabilise me and I test before every meal so I can see a pattern over time of what my ‘normal’ range is. Good luck xx