Blood glucose levels

Michelle135

FCA3D5BF-3728-4AE8-86AE-DD4088EEBCA8.png
BB218907-9AAD-4DF8-9B2A-865C4812E729.png
View attachment 50554 View attachment 50553 Hi everyone

So I am now a couple of months in and still trying to get all the info that I need to get this under control. I am eating less carbs ( a lot) and I have lost weight though I am unsure how much as I haven’t weighed myself. I am hung up on mmol number enough without adding lbs to it aswell, but I have come down 2 dress sizes and these are now baggy so almost 3.
My numbers are below for the last week or so - do these seem ok ? There are some spikes the last couple of days which I don’t have a clue what’s caused them but I am thinking didn’t drink enough with the heat. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 50555 View attachment 50556 View attachment 50554 View attachment 50553 Hi everyone

So I am now a couple of months in and still trying to get all the info that I need to get this under control. I am eating less carbs ( a lot) and I have lost weight though I am unsure how much as I haven’t weighed myself. I am hung up on mmol number enough without adding lbs to it aswell, but I have come down 2 dress sizes and these are now baggy so almost 3.
My numbers are below for the last week or so - do these seem ok ? There are some spikes the last couple of days which I don’t have a clue what’s caused them but I am thinking didn’t drink enough with the heat. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you
You need to relate the readings to meals to understand their significance. Measure just before starting eating and 2 hours later, there should be a rise of 2mmol/L or less if that meal doesn't have too much carbs for you. If you want to take one reading a day to check on progress the reading just before your evening meal is a good one. A fasting test first thing in the morning is very variable and takes longest to respond to a change of diet.

Michelle135

Thank you, i test every morning and before meals and usually 2 hours after but due work commitments I sometimes miss this.
My morning levels range between 6 and 7 and I understand about the spike of more than 2 means that it is something i should really avoid in the future.
My average for 28 days is 6.8 mmol - am I correct in thinking that this is still really quite high?

sorry I attached my numbers but I don’t think they are showing as I haven’t posted more than 3 times.

Last edited:

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Hi @Michelle135
Many of your BG readings are fine. The problematic ones are mainly those over 8.0
Make a note of what you eat and roughly how much of it. Count the carbohydrates in each meal if you can.
Find the things you like to eat which don't give you a big BG spike. e.g. Meat, Fish, Eggs, Double Cream, Cheese, Avocado, Nuts, Berries etc.
Find the foods that give too big a spike - then avoid them completely (find substitutes like keto bread, cauliflower rice, celeriac instead of roast spuds or mash) or if you can eat restricted portions of them.

Eat to your meter, but eat food which you enjoy and which is also kind to your diabetes!
This is a marathon, so unless you find your meals enjoyable and satisfying you will run out of willpower!