Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello firstly thank you for all advice I am now Blood testing like a boss

My figures seem quite high though from 7- up til 14

Average seems to be 9.

I’d this bad do you think?
Thank you
Hi, I’ve been diagnosed 3 weeks ago and my readings were very high when diagnosed-18.9 fasting and 17 an average. Started medication and diet and now it is between 7-9 but still mostly 8.2-8.9 so wouldn’t worry about it. Your body is still probably adjusting to medication. How long has it been since you’ve been diagnosed?

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A good start, but You'd both be better in the 4-7 range. Medication can help a bit but most of us on here find that changing to a low carb way of eating has a much better and faster effect on lowering bg levels.

Have you gone low carb? What are you eating day to day?

Karoline

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello,

yes, I have been doing low carb since I’ve found out I am diabetic. Usually have a yoghurt with few berries or cottage cheese with some veg for breakfast, then handful of nuts and sometimes a pear as a snack, salad for lunch and again salad with grilled chicken/fish for dinner. Found protein bread as well so if I crave something more “solid” I have that, generally veggies, protein sometimes soup and avoiding rice, pasta, potatoes, bread.

Reactions: jjraak

lotuslight

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello thanks for the replies.
I haven’t much as i really not keen on it but I think I will make an effort with it.

Trying to think of some good breakfast ideas.
I have a physical job so feel I need some carbs but it’s maybe more psychological.

Karoline

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You can have fried eggs, bacon or sausage for your breakfast and there are low card breads available so maybe try that.
Good luck

Reactions: EllieM

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I haven’t much as i really not keen on it but I think I will make an effort with it.

I have a physical job so feel I need some carbs but it’s maybe more psychological.

Hi you really don't need carbs for breakfast!
When I was working full time, my first meal or first protein would be around lunchtime!
My experience is if you low carb, then you need very few carbs!
And anyway we eat too much, we don't need three square meals a day

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Breakfast is just the first meal of the day. It can be any time and any (low carb) food. Try cooking an extra portion of the previous nighrs meal, or chicken or fish.
Advertisers and marketing people spend billions getting us to believe to but their processed cereals, breads and products. Keep it simple and real. Scrambles or hard boiled eggs, yoghurt, nuts.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like you both just need patience, and to find ways of adapting low carb to suit you.
Keep it up, so worth it

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And anyway we eat too much, we don't need three square meals a day
I eat a moderate low carb, healthy fat and also protein heavy diet, and three to four smaller meals a day as a T2.

My bgl is under control, and I have also got my fasting levels way down from when I first joined this forum when it was in the 7s first up.

lotuslight

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Riva what is your morning reads now pls out of interest