Blood Levels Through The Day

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having diabetes...... people who wear backpacks on the tube
I’m currently waking up to a mid 5 to low 6 in the morning . Have some bacon and eggs and a coffee with double cream and head to work .
2 hrs later I test and it always rises to about 6.3 to 6.6 and stays there till lunchtime then it starts to drop to about 4.8 or 4.9 by teatime .
My question is if I had something to eat say about 2 to 3 hrs after my bacon and eggs which is about 6 am would it stop the bs rising
and should I be concerned with the DP not stopping after bacon and eggs

CoastGirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am the same @Peadair O Brionn and have been for over 2 years now. Have tried eating and not eating and nothing seems to change. Unfortunately I don't know an answer for you. If you find one please be sure to let me know.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
what time are you getting up at....?

DP would be starting before your body clock expects you to rise....and the bacon and eggs should break your fast too....and therefore stop any liver action.....

ultimately it seems you are in a decent target BG range anyway...

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m currently waking up to a mid 5 to low 6 in the morning . Have some bacon and eggs and a coffee with double cream and head to work .
2 hrs later I test and it always rises to about 6.3 to 6.6 and stays there till lunchtime then it starts to drop to about 4.8 or 4.9 by teatime .
My question is if I had something to eat say about 2 to 3 hrs after my bacon and eggs which is about 6 am would it stop the bs rising
and should I be concerned with the DP not stopping after bacon and eggs

Hi there, I was told that that first reading of the day usually tells you what the rest of the days readings are likely to be (minus any massively high carb v low carb meals obviously). If you are starting off around 6, then it looks as though what you are eating is spot on during the day because it stays around 6 after eating? I would think that if you are concerned, you need to work on getting that first reading down to the 4s. Then I am assuming the following readings would stay around 4 or 5. Don't get me wrong, it must be virtually impossible to get the first reading into the 4s if you have dawn phenomenon etc (and no insulin!!!!) but I cannot think of how else to do it apart from exercising like mad all day long (and even that can have the opposite effect). Hope others can help.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Only one way to find out.....

I would guess your HbA1c is pretty low judging from your before evening meal reading of under 5. If that is the case, why are you bothered?

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would say you are worrying about BG movements way to small for a home testing meter to be relied upon to record accurately.