1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Blood Monitor Packs

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Malcolm.Smith, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Malcolm.Smith

Malcolm.Smith · Well-Known Member

can anyone point me in the direction of a place where I can get a new pack to store my freestyle light monitor and all it’s related gubbins (test strips ect) the one that came with mine is disintegrating and I’m looking for something more robust and stylish

2. xfieldok

xfieldok Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Search Amazon for glucose monitor case.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

You beat me! I was just looking there too! There’s a good variety of colours, I might treat myself too as the elastic straps in my Code Free case are perishing.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Deleted Account

Deleted Account · Guest

Do you need a case?
    I chucked my monitor case the day I got it and just put my gubbins in my pocket when I go out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. xfieldok

xfieldok Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I just bought a pink one! I wanted something a bit more substantial for traveling.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Robbity

Robbity Type 2 · Expert

eBay's also a possible source.

I've bought a couple of Joe's small-in one canvas type nylon cases which take a lot of diabetic gubbinses, have a belt loop, are sturdy, well made and come in a variety of colours - expensive but I reckon they're worth the price. (Can you tell I rather like them?? :D)

Robbity

7. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi @Malcolm.Smith ,

Looking at the meter you use. (via google.) looks not much bigger than a car alarm fob..? Though i appreciate the case needs to also accommodate lancet device & a pot of strips..

Have you thought about something like a camera case?

You could try contacting Abbott for a bespoke case?
    Roche sent me a nice leather phone style case for my Mobile meter, for gratis! ;)

8. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

I'm sure in this regard, we ladies have things easier than the chaps, in that a small cosmetic bag can readily be used to store all that's required, and most have a modest amount of padding on-board at manufacture.

IKEA does loads and loads of little accessory bags, in various sizes that could be suitable, depending on your personal requirements - for example these: https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products...na-accessory-bag-set-of-3-black-art-10294549/

I have those in red, and my OH in black, for various bits when we're travelling, just keeping "stuff" tidy in rucksacks or bags.

9. Struma

Struma Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I think having a 'receptacle' for blood testing equipment is an excellent idea if you have children around.

10. sleepster

sleepster Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I use a small make up bag, though you could also use a pencil case or similar

11. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

All of my meter cases are still in original condition, it's got me stuffed how they can disintegrate though.
    My nearly two year old Freestyle Freedom Lite meter and gear, fits neatly in my my back pocket in it's original case.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook