Blood monitor

ry1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi can anyone one help me out please.. my blood sugar monitor keeps saying e-1 then e-7. I've googled it but getting different answers.. I'm on steroids and antibiotics at min for a chest infection but I keep weeing loads and got a really dry mouth and drinking lots of fluids hence why I'm up at this time..

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
What's your meter? It's normal for blood sugars to go up when you're ill, so I'd expect you to need to increase your insulin, but you can't calculate correction doses if you can't get a reading.

Edited to add: do you know how to calculate correction doses? Hopefully your doctor or nurse will have told you.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Consider ringing 111 and ask for advice. If it's possible that your blood sugar is too high for your reader to cope then you really need medical help now.

D

Deleted member 308541

my blood sugar monitor keeps saying e-1 then e-7. I've googled it but getting different answers.
You need to go the monitor brands website and search for the error message page, failing that you can read the manual as they are in that as well.

D

Deleted Account

Error codes should be in the manual that came with your meter.
Unfortunately, they differ per meter so we cannot answer your questions.