Blood Pressure medication

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have been on medication for high blood pressure for approx 6 years. 18 months ago the dosage was doubled. 7 months ago I was diagnosed with T2 and started on a major weight loss/healthy living kick. I have now lost 3 stone through LCHF and walking every day, and last week my GP took me off the BP meds as my BP is now too low. I'm so happy and excited :happy: as I never imagined in my wildest dreams that I would stop taking meds. I'm taking back control of my body......

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Yay! So empowering, very well done.

tayelola

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been on medication for high blood pressure for approx 6 years. 18 months ago the dosage was doubled. 7 months ago I was diagnosed with T2 and started on a major weight loss/healthy living kick. I have now lost 3 stone through LCHF and walking every day, and last week my GP took me off the BP meds as my BP is now too low. I'm so happy and excited :happy: as I never imagined in my wildest dreams that I would stop taking meds. I'm taking back control of my body......
Congratulations. Very very encouraging

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! I too came off one of my two BP meds a few weeks ago. One that can elevate blood sugars, so I’ve now seen a slight but significant drop in my blood sugars. So at my next review in August we’re going to look at reducing my Metformin if my HbA1c backs up my reduced blood sugar readings.
It’s a great feeling this knowledge and control thingy isn’t it? :happy:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been on medication for high blood pressure for approx 6 years. 18 months ago the dosage was doubled. 7 months ago I was diagnosed with T2 and started on a major weight loss/healthy living kick. I have now lost 3 stone through LCHF and walking every day, and last week my GP took me off the BP meds as my BP is now too low. I'm so happy and excited :happy: as I never imagined in my wildest dreams that I would stop taking meds. I'm taking back control of my body......[/
This is really fab news for you and proves to us newbies what can be achieved with a will and a way! Best wishes. :cat:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This is really fab news for you and proves to us newbies what can be achieved with a will and a way. Best wishes. :cat:

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank you all for your lovely comments. I wouldn't have achieved this without your support and advice and LCHF.:)

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Well done @archersuz! An amazing milestone with the meds.

I'm also excited about your continued weight loss. I can't wait till next winter, to find out how many more layers you can wear while still occupying the same external volume :)

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm also excited about your continued weight loss. I can't wait till next winter, to find out how many more layers you can wear while still occupying the same external volume :)
I'll let you know! I can wear 6 under my old waterproof quite comfortably now - with 2 of them being down jackets. Not that I feel the cold of course.

Mandi05

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well done! I’m happy for you! Yes it is a great feeling to be in control, isn’t it!