Blood sugar and gaming!

bazippy

So the weather sucks at the moment and ive been playing alot of Xbox, modern warfare 2 (online)and ive come to notice a strange thing.

When playing the game i am okay but if i go high in blood sugar i become terrible and tend to loose alot if however i become low say 2-4mmol i am consistently alot better at the game.
anyone else had similar things?

i think its to do with that when im low i seem to just react quicker and my brain doesnt really have to think when im high i seem to over think things and by the time it works it out im dead.

Celtic.Piskie

Dislikes
Whole-wheat past and rice, tastes horrible. Cats, spiders, and people who think nick jonas is a musician.
I know what you mean....
I play WoW -hides- and if i'm raiding and hypo i tend to do better. I call it hypo vision. everything else gets cut out except that... that lil row of numbers / controller.

Best gaming food = nuts / dried fruit... and choccy coated coffee beans if you need a happy :D

You'd kil me in MW2.... but i'd flame you in Bioshock2... (360 wars in our house over that question lol).

bazippy

hate bioshock,did once play wow but game it up when it decided to try and take over!
hypovision i like it.
hypovision is weird its like taking a drug or somet! just become unstoppable

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Not much idea about what you're talking about, I stopped playing that sort of game when you still used multisided dice and computers were the size of a room. :lol:
but I have tried playing 'Bop it' whilst hypo and got a far better score than with normal glucose levels.

bazippy

Thats pretty cool, so far it seems that low bms are actually a positive despite the fact they shouldnt be. it doesnt seem to affect me in say go karting i seem consistent if really high or normal. but gaming low is good!

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Its an interesting phenomena but I think though there is a big difference between a narrow focus, as in a game ie intense concentration on one thing and being able to react appropriately and quickly to an unexpected event outside that narrow focus. When hypo, I want to think of one thing only, its harder to react to others and to 'outside' events.
It's one thing if you're in a safe environment and you're glucose levels aren't plummeting fast (and of cause they might be ) but quite often ignoring whats going on outside your narrow focus could lead to a dangerous situation. I think that that probably applies to almost all everyday activities.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
High Blood Sugar DEFINITELY slows me down. I can focus much better when my BG's are low. (By low I mean <6).

bazippy

im begining to wonder if that when we are low like just said below 6( normal for a normal person), we are simply running at our peak performance and that we are used to been that little be worse at things then other people due to fluctuating blood sugars. so as soon as we are at peak we have abilities that seem enhanced but infact thats just us been us!
thus if diabeties gets cured suddenly all these amazing ex diabetics will appear and with no fluctuating blood sugars to cloud our abilities we will be unstoppable( add evil laugh) mu ah ah ah
p.s not just reffering to MW2 just mean things in general!