Blood sugar below double figures makes me weak

embayweather

I have been a type ?? for twenty years, I also have multiple other problems, mainly muscular dystrophy. Iam aware that diabetes can cause muscle weakness but it seems that not having enough sugar in the system makes me weak and tired. I have, of course, found littlein the literature about this, and I was wondering if Iam alone in this finding.

• Hug
Reactions: JoKalsbeek

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been a type ?? for twenty years, I also have multiple other problems, mainly muscular dystrophy. Iam aware that diabetes can cause muscle weakness but it seems that not having enough sugar in the system makes me weak and tired. I have, of course, found littlein the literature about this, and I was wondering if Iam alone in this finding.
Hi @embayweather ,

@eventhorizon is right.... If you're always high, your body freaks out when it reaches normal numbers. It's called a false hypo, and treating them like one keeps the cycle going. Mind you, it feels like a real one, after effects are those of a real one... It just isn't one, but you wouldn't be able to tell the difference without a meter. If you have hypo-ish feelings of weakness which are associated with a false hypo, try eating something low to no carb, like a cube of cheese or two. That should take your body out of panic mode, and not spike your blood sugars. Then your body can get used to normal blood sugar levels.

Hang in there eh.
Jo

Reactions: Hopeful34