Blood sugar control without insulin??

Dzialo

Hi everyone, I've been diagnosed for exactly 2 month ago and I decided 2 days ago to try eating a meal without taking any insulin and surprisingly I had a very good sugar control and haven't taken since.
My question is if this could be the effect of a honeymoon, and if so am I doing it right (not taking ANY insulin).
Or could it be that I cured myself from this:p

Would love some advice!!!!

sammey90

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Doesn't it depend on the carbs in your food? No carbs, no insulin? Im a newbie so I may be wrong, but you're certainly braver than me :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Dzialo - nobody here can advise you about stopping your insulin. You need to talk to your doctors before doing anything like this - it's very dangerous.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
You can easily have an occasional meal and skip insulin and you may not see a big jump but, over time, you'll creep up. Why are you deciding not to take insulin ? Is it an experiment or denial or something else ?

Dzialo

I'm eating 70g carbs per meal and yes I'm experimenting to see maybe I don't need it anymore but my doctor told me not to stop with insulin, do I really have to listen if I feel good??