Blood Sugar levels High after exercise & remain high until next day!

Silkroad77

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello all,

I've just read about some people who've said that their blood sugar levels go high after exercise, then drop around an hour afterwards.

Well with me it's not like that (how I wish it was), I've been going for 15-20 minutes gentle walks after dinner, and 3-4 times a week do exercises for 15 minutes between lunch and 2-3 hours before dinner (they're like power walking, lunges, side steps, kicking legs up etc).

For some time now my sugar levels almost always go up to 12 and above AND STAY high either the rest of the entire day and more often all throughout the night.

When I've taken 2 units of Novorapid to help with the high levels, it really doesn't help that much, the levels drop to 11, or if they're 14 they drop to 12.

I don't take 3 units to correct my levels, as every single time I've done this, my levels have gone down to 3, 2 or lower during the day or the night.

I know it depends on the kinds of exercise, what you eat or drink etc, but I was doing exactly the same exercises or going for gentle walks, and eating and drinking exactly the same 2-3 months ago, but back then I was very often going into hypo during the night.

Also most days my sugar levels will go to between 5-8 and then rise to 12 and above in the evening.

I do not have any snacks in the evening and I do not drink anything in the evening, dinner is my final meal every single day.

I'm completely confused as to what is going on, this is not normal :mad::mad::mad: