blood sugar results

sailing5

Hi there
My blood sugar results are very volatile and have been for many years often resulting in 23.2 regularly in the morning and through the day.I inject twice a day,sometimes more, with Humalog Mix 25 Ive been a type 1 for some 30 years I find living alone and having no one to ask at the time leaves me in a quandry !!

I do have an appointment in June to attend a diabetes centre which has been given excellent reports by my GP, Nurse and various other people in the know. I am just hoping that this will throw some light on the matter and I can get onto "normal ground" I receive lots of mismatches regarding the food I eat, some think cereal or porridge in the morning is best, whereas others promote toast. I do eat lots of fruit believing that this was the best thing since sliced bread, but have now started to cut down especially with grapes, and since having high bs after eating bananas I dont touch them any more.

The last time I visited my consultant at the hospital all he wanted to talk about was his new computer and my boyfriend and I had to sit there while he rambled on about his "new toy". Very little was mentioned regarding my diabetes !!!!!

So am just keeping my fingers crossed regarding my appointment, in the hope that it will bring some good results.

dogday

Talk to switching to a basal/bolus regime. Switching from novomix 30 (very similar to what you are on) to levemir/novorapid is one of the best things I've done. Ok it's more injections (1/2 a day + every time you eat sugar/carbs) but the level of control it gives you is going to bring those levels down. Of course this is down to what you want to do and what your Doctor advises but it changed my diabetes and I haven't looked back.

With regards to fruit, yes they are better in terms of health but they will affect levels as much as a chocolate bar. Bananas are quite bad (around 30g I believe) as are grapes so they will have an affect.