Blood Sugars 84

Andyneored5

Doctors just rang about my bloods I had done last week. It's gone from 82 to 84, is this bad? It was a none fasting blood test...thanks

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
To clarify, is this the result of your latest HbA1c?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The difference is minimal. However, an A1c in the 80s is simply too high. May I ask if you are taking any medication for your Diabetes? And have you thought about a dietary approach to aid good management?

Reactions: Rachox and zand

Andyneored5

The difference is minimal. However, an A1c in the 80s is simply too high. May I ask if you are taking any medication for your Diabetes? And have you thought about a dietary approach to aid good management?
Yes on tablets, and I thought I ate quite well. Guess the Docs gonna give me another good talking too.. Thanks

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes on tablets, and I thought I ate quite well. Guess the Docs gonna give me another good talking too.. Thanks

Can you be more specific please? Which tablets do you take? And what is a typical days menu? We may be able to help you tweak things a bit.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The doctor may precribe more drugs or a higher dosage of the meds you take already. It is doubtful that she/he will offer sound advice on diet but you might be lucky.

Andyneored5

Can you be more specific please? Which tablets do you take? And what is a typical days menu? We may be able to help you tweak things a bit.
Metformin 2x1000mg per day. I work shifts if anything my portion sizes are a too big. I eat plenty of salads, maybe to much bread. Eat quite alot of meat and have about 1 takeaway a month... I miss quite a few breakfasts due to shift work.. thanks

Andyneored5

The doctor may precribe more drugs or a higher dosage of the meds you take already. It is doubtful that she/he will offer sound advice on diet but you might be lucky.
When is comes to dietry stuff they are very vague. Wife's just gone veggie, would it help if I did the same? Was also thinking of going on a shake diet for two meals a day and just have one good cooked meal

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It would help if you reduced your intake of carbs ( especially bread etc). No need to go veggie, meat is generally fine for diabetics.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
When is comes to dietry stuff they are very vague. Wife's just gone veggie, would it help if I did the same? Was also thinking of going on a shake diet for two meals a day and just have one good cooked meal

There is a veggie section of the forum, there is also a low calorie section and some members do advocate for the shakes option there. Have a read around those two parts of the forum (in the nutrition section near the bottom of the forum list page). There is another approach which is LCHF called the low carb diet also in the nutrition section. Good luck.

Reactions: zand

Andyneored5

There is a veggie section of the forum, there is also a low calorie section and some members do advocate for the shakes option there. Have a read around those two parts of the forum (in the nutrition section near the bottom of the forum list page). There is another approach which is LCHF called the low carb diet also in the nutrition section. Good luck.
Thankyou