Blood sugars in early pregnancy

Janelle123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,

This was the first cycle my husband and I decided to try for a baby. I have had pretty stable blood sugar levels usually between 4 and 7 up until this morning. I woke up with a BS of 16.8 and I have no idea why! I managed to get it back down to 5.0 but it has slowly increased to 7.6 even though I haven't eaten. Usually during the day I will have to have 5g carb every hour or so to stop myself going low so I'm finding it strange that the opposite is happening.

It's too early for me to test (I'm 9dpo), but I was wondering if this is a sign of pregnancy and wanted to know what other peoples blood sugars were like in very early pregnancy.

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey ,

Thought I'd share my experience as this sounds very similar to what happened to me ,
First month of me and my partner trying to conceive I was experiencing highs for no reasons at all when like yours mine had been in range .
And I fount it so annoying the first month I needed them to be in target they started to go out of target , for that just in case it had happened moment ,
And that month we fount out we was pregnant I spoke to my diabetes team as I didn't understand what was going on there wasn't anything I could do apart from wait to see what happened at the end of the month and keep correcting and tweaking insulin doses when I saw the patterns .
I'm now 32 weeks pregnant , got my fingers crossed for you. Let me know how you get on .

Take care x

Reactions: 2 people