Blood sugars recovering

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m now a week post op (MTP fusion in R foot and steroid injection in L foot) and just over 2 weeks from a chest infection. These two medical ‘incidents’ made for an interesting graph of my average daily blood sugar readings. However I’m pleased to report that my numbers seem to be settling back to normal now :)

41A48BFD-29CF-48F9-B434-3F8612438E17.jpeg

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m now a week post op (MTP fusion in R foot and steroid injection in L foot) and just over 2 weeks from a chest infection. These two medical ‘incidents’ made for an interesting graph of my average daily blood sugar readings. However I’m pleased to report that my numbers seem to be settling back to normal now :)

View attachment 24822

Oooh you tease with your graphs and things.

When you say 'average' does that mean each point is an average of several readings? If so what times are they taken?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oooh you tease with your graphs and things.

When you say 'average' does that mean each point is an average of several readings? If so what times are they taken?
Ha ha, I love number crunching and graphs! In this particular graph each dot is an average of all finger pricks taken that day. My op day for instance is the orange dot at 7.9mmols/l on the 22nd. Recently I’ve been taking seven readings a day (before and after each meal and bedtime). When things are settled I take around four, normally before and after breakfast and dinner.

Last edited:

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ha ha, I love number crunching and graphs! In this particular graph each dot is an average of all finger pricks taken that day. My op day for instance is the orange dot at 7.9mmold/l on the 22nd. Recently I’ve been taking seven readings a day (before and after each meal and bedtime). When things are settled I take around four, normally before and after breakfast and dinner.

Dirty talk :) I'm tempted to ask whether the graphing app works out the averages or if you do them freehand, but I don't think I could stand it.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dirty talk :) I'm tempted to ask whether the graphing app works out the averages or if you do them freehand, but I don't think I could stand it.

I do something very similar, but don't use any apps. (I haven't got a posh phone). I use an excel spreadsheet on my PC. Easy-peasy. :)

Glad you are feeling better @Rachox

It's amazing how many things other than food affect our levels, and things we can do nowt about.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
*whispers. The app does all the hard work!

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
A lot of people would be very happy to get 7.9 (A1c of about 64) on any day…… So I don’t see these results as being bad in any way.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A lot of people would be very happy to get 7.9 (A1c of about 64) on any day…… So I don’t see these results as being bad in any way.
No, I know in the big scheme of things I am lucky to be able to keep my averages below 6 normally. It was just a shock to see those orange spikes. As @Bluetit1802 said further up the thread it’s amazing how factors other than food can affect our numbers so much but there is nothing we can do about it.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Well done, lass. Glad you are showing a quick return to great levels. Take it steady!

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I would love to know what the readings would have been like for someone without diabetes. I just have no concept of stable BG readings are normally with illness etc.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would love to know what the readings would have been like for someone without diabetes. I just have no concept of stable BG readings are normally with illness etc.
It would be interesting to know. I guess with an efficiently working pancreas etc.. any excess glucose released due to stress or whatever would be mopped up quicker than in us Type 2s?

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
A couple of weeks after diagnosis, I had my breakfast of yoghurt and seeds, then went for a long fairly strenuous walk with my 21 year old son who does a lot of cycling and is very fit. When we returned home, we both took readings and I was lower than him! I had eaten a healthy low carb breakfast and he had eaten 'junk food' including a donut.

Obviously we can't read too much into this but it would be interesting to monitor us both if we ate and exercised the same. Maybe I'll suggest it! Also, next time he is ill, I'll test his BG.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A couple of weeks after diagnosis, I had my breakfast of yoghurt and seeds, then went for a long fairly strenuous walk with my 21 year old son who does a lot of cycling and is very fit. When we returned home, we both took readings and I was lower than him! I had eaten a healthy low carb breakfast and he had eaten 'junk food' including a donut.

Obviously we can't read too much into this but it would be interesting to monitor us both if we ate and exercised the same. Maybe I'll suggest it! Also, next time he is ill, I'll test his BG.
My 22 yr old son would run a mile if I suggested testing him!