1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Blood sugars

Discussion in 'Newly Diagnosed' started by Lordbean1, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Lordbean1

Lordbean1 Type 2 · Member

Guys can I ask for some advice

Been t2 now for 6 months and taking Sr metformin last week or so my usher have been high 20 and even into the 30s

Can’t get testing kit from gp, long term sick so tight budgets

Low carb diet so I’m doing all I can my other disabilities stop me doing a lot of exercise

• Hug Hug x 1
  2. Arab Horse

Arab Horse Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Not sure where you live but as I understand it in the UK you are entitled to free prescriptions if you have diabetes. You need to ask to see a different Dr if your glucose is that high and nothing is being done. It amounts to medical negligence and is disastrous for your long term health. Go back and insist on getting some medical help or a referral. I am fortunate in that I was a biochemist so I monitor myself closely (with the odd lapse) and discuss my care with my DN.

3. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

A low carb diet had an immediate effect on my BG levels, so I think you might need some reassessment - and perhaps insulin in order to reduce those really rather concerning levels. Six months on a low carb diet and I was no longer in the diabetes or even prediabetes ranges.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook