UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Churning out the same old outdated rubbish. Ring 111 for advice the next time you go high.
You'd be surprised they tell me to ring my gp, or they tell me theyll leave a message on the system. I've only gone a few times to A&E for high blood sugars and they only put me on fluids and send me home even after my blood sugars are still high.. urggh

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Does anyone have a ketone meter? Please explain this ketone testing and why its test strips are so expensive? The meter are cheap I have ordered 1 I'm hoping it comes with strips like normally 10 test strips

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
High blood sugars and high ketones can cause DKA an emergency condition which needs immediate medical attention. Lookup diabetic ketoacidosis. And check your sitagliptin leaflet.

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
High blood sugars and high ketones can cause DKA an emergency condition which needs immediate medical attention. Lookup diabetic ketoacidosis. And check your sitagliptin leaflet.

I have been high for a long time so I will definitely talk to the DN about ketones since this was never discussed when I first met her

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Does anyone have a ketone meter? Please explain this ketone testing and why its test strips are so expensive? The meter are cheap I have ordered 1 I'm hoping it comes with strips like normally 10 test strips
Mine came with just two strips. I got one because on steroids, my numbers were hideously high until I got them under control with insulin.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is unusual but not unheard of for T2s to get DKA. It more often affects T1s.

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is unusual but not unheard of for T2s to get DKA. It more often affects T1s.
I have been having abdominal pain and in the back to and I never knew it was a side effects of sitagliptin.. I am definitely stopping that the pain has been going on for a few days now