Blood Surgar Levels - Good or Bad

helenw

Hello

I am new to this forum

If my blood sugar is at 4.2 before a meal and 6.6 four hours after a meal is this good or bad? As I have been told to see my GP after getting this reading, please help as I don’t really understand the process.

Thank you

louiseb

If you have been told to see your gp then thats what you should do, as only your doctor is aware of your full medical and is able to advise you.

however here is some basic advice for newbies that you might find useful
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17088

jopar

As said, your doctor will know all your medical background to determin it..

But purely from a personal diabetic perspective..

To undestand what's happening a bg 2 hours after and perferable a bg reading taken an hour after the meal..

But also alongside of this details of the meal, how many carbs did it contain, what types of carbs , how much protein and if the meal was a fatty based one.. As these factors determin how the food is hitting the blood glucose levels..

I could look at those figures and go ouch, she must have spiked pretty high and be completely wrong...

As if you had a high fat carb meal such as a pizza or pastry, or even a slow burn carb such as pasta then it could just be the tail end of this, and your BG hadn't actually raised above this point in all the four hours!

But purely based on a time span with out the knowlege what you ate or BG's between it's not the most drastic, it could how ever be that you do have a problem that needs addressing which could prevent this becoming worse... But you do need all the information and facts surrounding your meal, and medical history.. so it's a case for you doc..