Prediabetes Blood Test Results - Getting Hold of Them

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

Today I went online to access the NHS Patient Access Services to gain access to all of my blood test results in the past. I found this was not an option for me at least even though other selectable options such as immunisation for example and medication are available to me online.

I phoned the GP surgery to find that I needed to request them on a “SARF” form issued at the surgery.

Is this standard procedure?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

Today I went online to access the NHS Patient Access Services to gain access to all of my blood test results in the past. I found this was not an option for me at least even though other selectable options such as immunisation for example and medication are available to me online.

I phoned the GP surgery to find that I needed to request them on a “SARF” form issued at the surgery.

Thanks.
Yes, you need to provide some ID and sign the form.

Reactions: Listlad

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, they are obliged to allow you access to your results, but they can and do put as many hoops for you to jump through as possible before you get access.

Reactions: Listlad

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
...........but they can and do put as many hoops for you to jump through as possible before you get access.
That sounds about right. I was up there just an hour ago.

I was surprised that the information wasn’t accessible online in the same way that some of the other information evidently is.

Now I am due a wait. :D

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

Thanks.

Yes, you have to complete a consent form thingy which the GP will then authorise before you can have access to your results. I also had to take in some photo ID>

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That sounds about right. I was up there just an hour ago.

I was surprised that the information wasn’t accessible online in the same way that some of the other information evidently is.

Now I am due a wait. :D
I think the reason is, that they like to get a doctor to authorise release of medical records, in case the patient may be the type to be stressed or confused by what is written and need a face to face explanation. I imagine it might apply to those with dementia, learning difficulties or possibly hypochondria.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think the reason is, that they like to get a doctor to authorise release of medical records, in case the patient may be the type to be stressed or confused by what is written and need a face to face explanation. I imagine it might apply to those with dementia, learning difficulties or possibly hypochondria.
Okay that makes sense.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
CCGs are now encouraging patients and surgeries to have good access to their records including that 2nd level. I'm on our local PPG and been reading NHS advice on this.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
CCGs are now encouraging patients and surgeries to have good access to their records including that 2nd level. I'm on our local PPG and been reading NHS advice on this.
Sorry @Daibell can you expand on the terms CCG and PPG? Thanks.

And “2nd level”?