Blood Test Strips being stopped on prescription

JIMDOG1

Dislikes
patranising dr and nurses lol
Jennaellis01 said:
This makes me angry if its true, ESP when I watched a program on tv about how much ridiculously obese people are costing the nhs every year just because they can't stop eating, I've had type 1 since I was 2 years old and I'm now 27 and think having to pay for strips/medication is appalling its not my fault I'm diabetic and we need these things to help stay healthy....if the nhs need to take cut backs they should stop funding operations for greedy fat people to have there stomaches stapled up and tell them to stop eating instead!!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
:cry:

Not happy with that post at the end of day I pay thousands into nhs so if I need something back due being overweight then so be it I've paid for it since working since 16yro now 33

Akash

Jennaellis01 said:
Yes I do understand how addictive food can be, I've just had my second baby and have a few pounds to lose myself and losing weight with diabetes in so so hard and I know how easy putting weight on with diabetes and other conditions is aswell. But like any addiction you need will power whether its food, smoking drugs or alcohol. At least with food it's not like u can't eat anything it's just not means not filling your face with rubbish all the time.....it's the people who have no respect for there body's and have allowed themselves to reach 50 stone because there to lazy and greedy that I'm getting about and its then us the tax payers who end up paying for there operations and special care that they receive everyday, as I doubt they work as they can barley walk or leave the house. So how the nhs can justify making cut backs on making diabetics pay for test strips etc is beyond me, I think they should be making cut backs elsewhere

Agree with this