Bloods in the morning

Varley

Hi , how do I start the day with low bloods ? I haven’t been able to get them below 8 first thing for no apparent reason ! Used to be 6 ish . Should I be worried about this or not ? Im type 2 and diet controlled as determined not to go on any medication !!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Varley.

Welcome to the forum

Common wisdom is IF nothing else has changed.

It MIGHT be an infection ...?

Not unlikely now we're in the 'cold / flu ' season.

Maybe your worried or stressed over something..?

Stress can increases BG's.

Reactions: VashtiB

Diablo T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Varley

I also find lack of, or poor sleep tends to result in higher BG in the morning. Sometimes lack of sleep is related to stress, sometimes not. It can be due to habits (late night digital devices!) or environment (too hot/cold).

Lack of exercise also sometimes results in higher BG readings for me. Even just daily walking makes a difference so I try to do that even when the winter weather is not cooperating. If I go a couple of days without, invariably my readings start creeping up.

As you say you are diet controlled, I assume you are already limiting carbs.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have your levels gone up at other times too?

You could try finishing eating earlier in the day so you have a longer overnight fast.

Reactions: VashtiB

Varley

Hi thank you all of your advice . I sleep well but will try eating earlier in the evenings I think . If I need a snack during the evening I’ll have some nuts ! Xx

• Friendly
Reactions: jjraak

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
I've given up on my morning readings being acceptable, to me it is what it is - like my children unpredictable!