• Blurred vision

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Blurred vision

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Angelloubjr33

Type of diabetes
Type 2
my bs have been high and I have managed to get them down this week last Friday they were 20.2 now there in the 7s but my vision is a little blurred my doctor said it’s peobaly because my body is adjusting to the bs levels going down but I’m a little worried I had a eye test mid August but having them re tested again just wondering if anyone else has had this problem

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you have had high BG then the fluid in your eyes is also at that level, when you go low carb osmosis means that your eyes change shape.
Do not buy new glasses until you have had a few months of lower levels - and then only some cheap reading glasses if you need them.
After 6 months your eyesight should have stabilised and then your investment in glasses should be worthwhile.

I hope that you don't go to Specsavers - they gave me glasses without a vital component of my prescription, and my brain stopped looking through my left eye - I was constantly clipping curbs and didn't realise why. I went to my old optician on the way back from my retina scan. They were horrified and gave me exercises to get my brain to look through that eye again.

Angelloubjr33

Type of diabetes
Type 2
If you have had high BG then the fluid in your eyes is also at that level, when you go low carb osmosis means that your eyes change shape.
Do not buy new glasses until you have had a few months of lower levels - and then only some cheap reading glasses if you need them.
After 6 months your eyesight should have stabilised and then your investment in glasses should be worthwhile.

I hope that you don't go to Specsavers - they gave me glasses without a vital component of my prescription, and my brain stopped looking through my left eye - I was constantly clipping curbs and didn't realise why. I went to my old optician on the way back from my retina scan. They were horrified and gave me exercises to get my brain to look through that eye again.
Thank you for your reply I am going to have my eyes re tested this week and I go to vision express for mine I really hope the blurred vision gets better it’s really worrying me that something bad is wrong with them

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for your reply I am going to have my eyes re tested this week and I go to vision express for mine I really hope the blurred vision gets better it’s really worrying me that something bad is wrong with them
You really do not need to be retested so soon - many people have reported blurred vision in the first few weeks after lowering BG levels. It is perfectly normal, entirely to be expected and nothing to be concerned about - but if you get talked into new glasses they will most likely be useless in a few weeks.

Angelloubjr33

Type of diabetes
Type 2
You really do not need to be retested so soon - many people have reported blurred vision in the first few weeks after lowering BG levels. It is perfectly normal, entirely to be expected and nothing to be concerned about - but if you get talked into new glasses they will most likely be useless in a few weeks.
It seems to be in one eye is that normal

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been very short sighted all my life but for 2 weeks after I started in insulin I had near perfect vision - I was so.upset when it started to go back to normal. One of my eyes changed more than the other but the optician told me to leave it 3 months before re-testing properly. I wear contacts so just bought some in different prescriptions to get through the 3 months.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Specsavers have over 1,800 stores in 10 countries so you can't really judge all of them by one incident.

lou258

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had blurred vision and it took a few weeks to settle completely. I was told not to get an eye test til they’d settled as it would be essentially pointless. Appreciate its really annoying but think you’re best just waiting it out

alphabeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It is something my doctor warned me about; never check your sight when your sugar is high because as soon as your BG goes back to normal the glasses would be pointless

Angelloubjr33

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It is something my doctor warned me about; never check your sight when your sugar is high because as soon as your BG goes back to normal the glasses would be pointless
My blood sugars last Friday were 18.6 and over the week I have managed to get them down to the 7s /6 but vision still on the blurry side doc said she thinks it’s down to my body getting used to the decrease in blood sugars but to get them checked out .

Angelloubjr33

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My blood sugar levels last Friday were 18.6 and over the week I have managed to get them down to the 7s /6 the doc thinks it’s just my body getting used to the decrease I. Blood sugars but to get them checked

alphabeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My blood sugars last Friday were 18.6 and over the week I have managed to get them down to the 7s /6 but vision still on the blurry side doc said she thinks it’s down to my body getting used to the decrease in blood sugars but to get them checked out .
Sure thing to be expected tbh because your body coped with the hyperglycemia and now it is trying to cope with the normoglycemia. There is a golden rule about diabetes: patience. Just give it some time before taking any measure

Reactions: Alison Campbell

Angelloubjr33

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Sure thing to be expected tbh because your body coped with the hyperglycemia and now it is trying to cope with the normoglycemia. There is a golden rule about diabetes: patience. Just give it some time before taking any measure
Ok thanks for your advice and help

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had hyperglycaemia 22nd Sept and nearly died from Ketoacidosis.

I did low carb diet since and my bg readings now are hitting the 5s and 6s.

However I started having blurry visions.

Could this be neuropathy? My eye test is in mid December.

I’m so scared, please advice.

Andrew