Blurred vision.

Mummyrobinson

Hi everyone, I'm a bit concerned at the moment about my daughter T1 for 8 years. Now aged 11. She's had 2 bad hypos this week at school which made her very confused and unable to communicate verbally. We got her sorted and brought her home both times but I don't know if its coincidence but she is now getting some blurred vision. Usually when staring at something like her computer or the blackboard at school and when she looks to the outside of her eyes she see's dark grey circles. Do you think I need to be concerned???? She has her consultant appointment at the hospital on Tuesday anyway and when I rang the nurse yesterday she didn't seem overly concerned. Just said to speak to the doctor and ask for an earlier eye test as she's not yet 12 and entitled to one. Would you take her to an optician over the weekend?

merrymax69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I would definitely get her checked out love, my daughter started having trouble with vision (not diabetic btw) last year and I took her to opticians, confirmed her sight was fine but test showed areas of concern, we took the printed results to GP who said it was a migraine. Seems they dont always have a headache with them. She's had a couple more episodes of this now and its most likely brought on by stress, GP said she will hopefully grow out of it with pubety. Always a worry xx

Mummyrobinson

Thanks for that, she does get a few headaches. I'd say 1 a week. We'll speak to her consultant on tues and if There's going to be a long wait time ill look to take her to the optician myself, although I took her a few yrs ago but they wouldn't even look at her because of her diabetes.

Merlyn13

Hi there,

just from personal experience in the last 3 months since being diagnosed as a T1.

Went to hospital on a DKA with very high BS not knowing I was diabetic, but I had been complaining that I couldn't see through my glasses for a couple of weeks previous. My diabetic team told me that BS can cause the shape of the eye to change. Got my numbers sorted out and I am back to wearing my old glasses now but for a long time my sight was fine and I could see perfectly without them.

So don't know if this works the other way as well with low BS? Hence the hypo's? Just a thought.

Hope your daughter is ok whatever the cause.

TJ

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App