Blurred vision

LisaMcintyre

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'm a type 1 my diabetes control has been up and down recently but every so often I get really bad blurry vision. I can only have lamps on that aren't too bright. I've had my eyes tested and everything is normal. Any suggestions?

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello
Is it when ur blood sugar fluctuates? Happens to me when I've been high and go back low again

Seriously_Sax1989

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, this happens to me when I'm high! Usually 14+ my optician said it was due to your retinas absorbing the glucose and then not being sure what to do with any "left overs" hence blurry vision! Hope this helps :)

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Yes, apparently high bg levels make the lens of the eyes swell which in turn leads to blurry vision, but it goes without saying if you have any concerns pop along to your Dr's for a check-up.

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Don't worry too much, because it's reversible. But it does indicate that it would be good to get your BG down if you can. If your eyes are suffering, other bits might be too.

This ISN'T retinopathy. It's just temporary.

Can you maybe draw on your resources and focus on it and get them under control again? Very good luck. Lucy