1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Blurry Vision And Dreadful Pains In My Eyes

Discussion in 'Reactive Hypoglycemia' started by Atlantico, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Atlantico

Atlantico Reactive hypoglycemia · Well-Known Member

I have Post Prandial Reactive Hypoglycaemia. Since 25 August this year I have been following the LCHF way of eating. I am now finding that I am unable to tolerate even the smallest amount of carbs before I start very deep yawning and get blurry vision and dreadful pains behind my eyes.
    Is this anything to do with going into Ketosis? I would appreciate your comments. Thank you, Atlantico

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lamont D

Lamont D Reactive hypoglycemia · Master

Hi,
    It could be carb flu, but I'm only guessing.
    It is more likely to be fluctuating blood sugar levels, you need to be patient with the adjustment to ketosis. You should by now have the knowledge to eat the food you know don't spike you.
    You still could have more insulin and insulin resistance to go into ketosis.
    But persevere, it will be better for you, if you can get there.

I went through a period before diagnosis when my eyes were blurred consistently, I found it difficult to focus, my opticians were able to see my blood vessels at the back of my eyes were enlarged. My pupils felt scratchy and a minor constant headache behind my eyes. This reversed itself after about a month.
    Are you getting enough sleep?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dark Horse

Dark Horse · Well-Known Member

If you are getting eye pain,you need to see your GP.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Atlantico

Atlantico Reactive hypoglycemia · Well-Known Member

Thank you. I have made an appointment with my GP. Regard. Atlantico

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook