Boils

welshywendy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have been a diabetic for 3 weeks taking metaformin 4 tablets a day and watching what I eat and has lost 1stone in this time ,but has to go to doctor cause of a huge boil in crease of my leg and found it very painful ,was told I will always have these .please can anyone help in how do I void having boils

Neohdiver

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been a diabetic for 3 weeks taking metaformin 4 tablets a day and watching what I eat and has lost 1stone in this time ,but has to go to doctor cause of a huge boil in crease of my leg and found it very painful ,was told I will always have these .please can anyone help in how do I void having boils

If you an get your blood glucose under control, you will have fewer of them (or perhaps even none). Anyone can have them, but they are more common in people with diabetes because hight blood glucose damages the blood circulation to the skin. Good blood circulation to the skin is necessary to help heal injuries - or prevent minor breaks in the skin from becoming full-blown infections.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As @Neohdiver has said, once you get your BG under control things should improve.

The good news is, that the BG of a diabetic is normally at it's worst pre-diagnosis. And this bad BG brings with it a whole load of complications and issues, boils being one of yours.

Now that you have the medication and are building a knowledge base with regards to the condition, then there should only be improvement ahead for you:) And this should mean no more boils hopefully!

Grant