Type 2 BOOK 12 week meal plan by Diabetes.co.uk

Dinet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
hi, i m wondering if it is worth paying £35 for BOOK:
12 week meal plan
it s sold by Diabetes.co.uk

I am T2 and my biggest problem for not managing my carbs better -or at all, if i m honetst! -
by planning /preparing sensible meals.
I get hungry / ravenous and I end up grabbing a sandwich.

Has anyone bought or heard reviews about this book?

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wouldn't. In the early days, I bought quite a few books. Only found one that I liked. There are plenty of recipes online, so save yourself some money.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I always have food I can eat in the fridge, I don't see how buying a book can compensate for that.
I don't need to eat before meals, but the food is there - at the moment salad, a joint of roast pork, cheese, eggs just waiting to be used.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hi, i m wondering if it is worth paying £35 for BOOK:
12 week meal plan
it s sold by Diabetes.co.uk
I would not buy it, as there are plenty of free recipes / meal plans for both T1 and T2 diabetics on the web which will keep you motivated than that meal plan book ever will.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is the only book I found worthwhile, currently out on loan.... See Amazon, cheaper on kindle..

The Diabetes Weight-Loss Cookbook: A life-changing diet to prevent and reverse type 2 diabetes

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I would not buy it, as there are plenty of free recipes / meal plans for both T1 and T2 diabetics on the web which will keep you motivated than that meal plan book ever will.
A meal plan for someone with Type 1 diabetes is the same as a meal plan for someone without diabetes.
There is no need for a specific Type 1 diet. It is a different condition to type 2 that is treated differently and cannot be managed by diet.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A meal plan for someone with Type 1 diabetes is the same as a meal plan for someone without diabetes.
There is no need for a specific Type 1 diet. It is a different condition to type 2 that is treated differently and cannot be managed by diet.
Did you read the original post where @Dinet stated she was T2
I am T2 and my biggest problem for not managing my carbs better -or at all, if i m honetst! -
by planning /preparing sensible meals.
I get hungry / ravenous and I end up grabbing a sandwich.
That is why I posted what I did, as for T1's I have recipes and meal plans sent to me every week by Diabetes Queensland, and which there is an abundance online as well.