Book - Kate Morton - The Forgotten Garden

salsasue

Am currently reading a book I borrowed from the library which I'm enjoying very much. As it's a long book I suspect I'll have to renew already as am a slow reader! It's by an author called Kate Morton and here's the 'blurb':

Before her eyes the garden changed. Weeds and brambles, decades in the growing, receded. Leaves lifted from the ground, revealing paths and flowerbeds and a garden seat. Light was permitted entry once more.

Got little aspects of an adult "The Secret Garden" (Frances Hodgson Burnett) I loved as a kid yet in other ways nothing like that and goes between 1913, 1975 and 2005 with generations of people within a family, a quest that leads to a beautiful estate in Cornwall and mysterious secrets from long ago. It's not one of those books you can't put down momentarily (if it was, I wouldn't be online right at this moment posting!) BUT it is good so far! :)

Sue

Thirsty

Aahhh, secret gardens. I've taken an unexpected swim in many a hidden pond while clearing those.

The reality isn't quite as romantic as Burnett would have you believe. :lol:

salsasue

finished reading this a short while ago and ending very satisfactory! :) So much so I'm now reading "The House at Riverton" also by the same author and this is turning out to be very good too! :)

Does anyone have any other authors they can recommend? I also like Barbara Erskine.