1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Braggs amino liquid and sriracha

Discussion in 'Vegetarian Diet Forum' started by Guna108, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Guna108

Guna108 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi.
    How much Braggs amino liquid can you have per day on a LCHF diet? Can anyone recommend sriracha sauce without garlic?
    I have looked online ,but not found any answers. I am thinking what I can put on my green veggies as from Wednesday I can have 200 cals of green veg and my 3 shakes per day for a week. Also, in the future to put on the shirataki noodles.

2. Nexus6

Nexus6 Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

This is the nutrition info I found online for it..... < 1g per teaspoon so that is a tiny concerning if you are using a LOT of it. In small amount should be harmless. Whenever I see "less than 1", I always assume 1 to be safe.
    upload_2019-6-17_9-49-42.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. WuTwo

WuTwo Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I cannot find one for sriracha without garlic (I found one that substituted with shallots, but that's no help). I see a recommended substitute for sriracha is home made sambal oelek:

https://www.pepperscale.com/homemade-sambal-oelek/

I don't know how that turns out - I am physically allergic to chilli and substitute for it when it is in a recipe I am cooking. I should imagine it would keep in the fridge for a few days so you wouldn't want to make too much at a time. Then again, it looks very simple so would be quick to make.

4. Mel dCP

Mel dCP Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I use aminos a lot and don’t bother counting it - doesn’t seem to have any effect on my bg, and I’m wearing a CGM.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TriciaWs

TriciaWs Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Not sure you can buy it without garlic, but you can make it, substitute something like spring onion or shallots?

• Like Like x 1
  6. dms1

dms1 Type 2 · Active Member

I never use sriracha sauce because it has too much sugar in it but there are lots of chilli sauces around which are fine - you just need to read the labels. My favourites are any that only have chillies with spices and seasonings as the main ingredients. I make my own harissa sauce using a great seasoning mix which I find in the Middle Eastern section of world foods in Asda. I slather this on everything and the advantage of making your own is that you can adjust it to your own taste.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook