1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Bread choices

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Silver Hammer, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Silver Hammer

Silver Hammer Type 2 · Well-Known Member

That Oopsie bread looks interesting, I will probably give that a go. Has anyone tried Adams Low Carb Store bread mix? Mostly almond flour by the looks of it and only 0.66g of carbs per (35g) slice; but what does it taste like?

Maxwell

2. alliebee

alliebee · Well-Known Member

I still think burgen soy and linseed is the nicest. And doesn't spike me at all

3. HazelD

HazelD Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Bought some Sukrin bread mix a while ago, made some this morning and thrown it out....I followed the instructions but it smelled Ok, felt heavy like a brick, decided I would rather not have it...wasted still now I know. :(

4. diadeb

diadeb Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Ian DP, Thanks for the recipe for Oopsie bread. How do you store once made and how long for, thanks

5. Ian DP

Ian DP LADA · Well-Known Member

I have stored them in the fridge overnight in a sealed plastic container, but with only 6 slices, they don't last long, my wife loves them, often in preference to normal bread. I eat 4 at a time. I have prorated ingredients to make 8 slices. Can't see why you can't freeze them, but not tried.

• Like Like x 2
  6. xgemmiex

xgemmiex Type 2 · Active Member

I stumbled across this recipe on a different site earlier today, I've made up a batch ready to have with burgers tonight while the rest of the familly have regular rolls. The only cream cheese I had in has got chives in and they taste gorgeous. I've already decided I'll have to make double next time.

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook