Bread choices

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That Oopsie bread looks interesting, I will probably give that a go. Has anyone tried Adams Low Carb Store bread mix? Mostly almond flour by the looks of it and only 0.66g of carbs per (35g) slice; but what does it taste like?

Maxwell

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
Bought some Sukrin bread mix a while ago, made some this morning and thrown it out....I followed the instructions but it smelled Ok, felt heavy like a brick, decided I would rather not have it...wasted still now I know. :(

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, racism, ridiculous political correctness
Ian DP, Thanks for the recipe for Oopsie bread. How do you store once made and how long for, thanks

Ian DP

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Chips
I have stored them in the fridge overnight in a sealed plastic container, but with only 6 slices, they don't last long, my wife loves them, often in preference to normal bread. I eat 4 at a time. I have prorated ingredients to make 8 slices. Can't see why you can't freeze them, but not tried.

Reactions: 2 people

xgemmiex

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oopsie bread (6 slices).
3 eggs
100 grams (3.5 ounces) of cream /soft cheese
a pinch of salt
½ teaspoon baking powder
Separate the eggs, into two different bowls
Whip the egg whites together with the salt until very stiff.... Very stiff.... This is the only difficult bit.
In the other bowl Mix the egg yolks, baking powder and the cream cheese.
Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mix – try to keep the air in the egg whites.
Spoon 6 large oopsies on a buttered or grease proof paper baking tray.
Bake in the middle of the oven at 150° C (300° F) for about 25 minutes – until they turn golden.
You can eat Oopsies as bread or use them as a bun for a hotdog or hamburger. You can add seeds on the oopsies before baking eg. poppy, sesame or sunflower seeds.

I stumbled across this recipe on a different site earlier today, I've made up a batch ready to have with burgers tonight while the rest of the familly have regular rolls. The only cream cheese I had in has got chives in and they taste gorgeous. I've already decided I'll have to make double next time.

Reactions: 2 people