1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Bread

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Ange1a65, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Ange1a65

Ange1a65 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I have given up try to get the protein rolls from Lidl, and was wondering if any of you lovely people have tried the "Booths, low gi bread"?
    It's quite expensive so would value options before I consider it.

Thanks in advance

2. Sid Bonkers

Sid Bonkers Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I looked on line and it says that Booths Low GI bread has 37g of carbs per 100g compared to Burgen bread that has 25g per 100g so I suspect that in general terms Burgen bread would be kinder to bg levels despite the Low GI tag of the Booths bread.

But the only way to know if you can safely eat any food is to test before and 2 hours after eating it and if your bg levels are any more than 2 mmol/L more postprandial (after eating) you will need to eat a smaller portion the next time you eat that foodstuff.

I can only tell you what I can eat just as others can only tell you what they eat or can eat so you need to test these breads for yourself for any definitive answer. Sorry I cant be mire helpful.

3. Art Of Flowers

Art Of Flowers I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook