Breadcrumbs alternative???

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I've heard that chia seeds are good for binding but I've never tried them myself. You can get them from Holland & Barrett and other health food shops.
Thanks, I use chia seeds for a dessert but they're too much like semolina to be any use in meatballs

Angelofthemarches

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Horrible shoes
use fine grated raw potato like in greek meat balls leave skin on the starch will help to bind the meat ball just let the mix stand a few min, this will also keep them soft and lighter than using b/crumbs
Not sure how low carb this would be...

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fantastic idea,thank you.Thats definitely going on my list.
Wife says "OH AWESOME!! That will be so good!"

Gosh, you do well to understand what pork scratchings are. They're usually a mystery for non-UK members.

Reactions: 1spuds

1spuds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Gosh, you do well to understand what pork scratchings are. They're usually a mystery for non-UK members.
Had to look it up,LOL.We call em pork rinds here.Saw them earlier on the diabetic friendly snack thread.
Man this board is helpful,thanks everyone who posts all their great tips.

DianaMC

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have lots going on, if you havent heard from me by tomorrow evening, send me a reminder!

Thanks so much - it looks great!

All I need now is to find a place that sells pork scratchings! I've only ever seen them in pubs and bars, but tend not to go to them these days, as I don't drink alcohol anymore.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use Mr Porky crispy strips. They are easier on the teeth. I get mine from One Stop just around the corner.