Breakfast Ideas?

fariamohsen

Hii, hope you all are well. I'm new to the forum! I was wondering if you could share breakfast ideas because im sick of having bread and eggs everyday. I really wanna reduce the amount of carbs i have per day so my blood sugars are better( i have type 1 diabetes if thats gonna make any differencee) thankyouu in advance

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon, sausages, ham, salami, black pudding, cold chicken, cheese in its many varieties, full fat yoghurt, smoked salmon, tinned sardines, mushrooms, avocado, olives, wilted spinach, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, omelette......... All these have appeared on our breakfast plates over recent days and weeks.
Sally

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Eggs and eggs..?
chicken curry
fathead pizza
steamed fish
in fact anything that you would have for lunch or dinner...

Reactions: fariamohsen

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had chicken Caesar salad this morning - was some left over from last nights meal - no croutons though :)

Reactions: fariamohsen

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I sometimes have a pot of Isey Skyr
http://www.iseyskyr.co.uk/blog/isey-skyr-in-aldi-/201
The vanilla and mango ones are nice and come out around 5g carbs per 170g pot. They have no significant effect on my sugars
On the other hand, the strawberry one sends my sugars wild while the blueberry one just isnt very nice
I was in Lidl today and found they have now also started to stock Sky in blueberry, vanilla, strawberry and raspberry flavours that are all about 3g carbs per 100g - havent tried them yet
I sometimes have half of an Adonis bar crumbled into the Skyr, which makes it a bit like granola
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8...t=&hvlocphy=9044951&hvtargid=kwd-316510525409

Last edited:

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Natural Greek yoghurt, with berries if you want. Or avocado with yoghurt or cream and I like it salty but u can add herbs etc

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Like the OP I am sick of having same thing for brekkie except mine is cereal. I have started having greek yogurt and berries which is excellent as well as poached egg on wholegrain toast.

I do miss my porridge though and have been reading up a bit about it. There are 3 main types of oats, steel cut, rolled and instant. I know the instants are not that great but the difference between steel cut and rolled seems negligible though, certainly carbs wise.

I normally have rolled oats, Scotts Porridge oats, to be precise, is there any benefit having steel cut oats, in others experience. I find that as a type 1, these do spike my bg a bit but not excessivley