Breakfast Ideas

Lucy_Betts_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Not being allowed to have chocolate
I do OK on bite size shredded wheat, but I know some others don't! Worth a try.
thank you, I will try this as I love cereal for breakfast. I've tried 2x weetabix but my sugars go from 5.2-10.2 so not good for me. I love porridge but that puts me up into 15+

Lucy_Betts_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
May not appeal to everyone but I often have cheese & biscuits for breakfast.
Water biscuits are 2.5g carb each. I have 4 with Brie/Stilton/Goats cheese. around 10g carb total
Some olives and silverskin pickled onions too.
Co-Op and M&S do packs of dried bacon strips as an occasional addition.

When time allows, Bacon & Egg, Kippers & scrambled egg.

thank you - worth a try

Lucy_Betts_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Just google Keto breakfast cereals, you can make these ahead to use whenever. Probably one of the nut milks or full fat Greek yoghurt would be better than ordinary milk.

Coconut Pancakes from the Diabetes weight loss cookbook is another option. Again should be able to google for keto pancakes or waffles to find a suitable recipe.
Thank you - I hate coconuts though so need an alternative but will look in the cookbook

Hooty

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have full fat Greek yoghurt with pumpkin, sesame and sunflower seeds and milled flaxseeds, then an extra “topping” of either a few berries, some flaked almonds, some flaked coconut or a spoonful of peanut butter. I missed the texture of cereal/muesli, so all the seeds really help with that, and then the toppings give some variety from day to day.
Incidentally I generally have Lidl’s own-brand Greek style yoghurt which comes in a big 1kg bucket, but sometimes treat myself to their genuine Greek yoghurt which comes in a smaller pot and is more expensive (and tastes really good -it has added cream!)