Breakfast On The Go!

acbrom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi,

Im looking to start on a low carb diet and have been reading all of this forum and Dr. Bernsteins book, etc...

I currently work in an office, get up out of bed as late as possible, jump in the shower, grab a cereal bar and get in the car.
Ideally I would like to stay in bed as long as possible :yawn: and just grab something quickly...

Does anybody have an low carb ideas?

Thanks, Andrew.

WhitbyJet

HI andrew
The quickest breakfast for me is granola or flaxseed porridge - both recipes are in this forum

All the best

louiseb

When I want breakfast on the go I have low carb blueberry muffins.
I make up a batch of these and freeze them, then leave one out to defrost the night before, or defrost for a minute in the microwave.
I will go and hunt out the receipe for you if you want it?

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Make up a box of bite-sized pieces - cold meat, hard-boiled egg, cheese cubes, radish, baby toms, strips of pepper, celery etc, and grab a bite every time you go past. Or put the box by the bed and eat before you get up! Sounds odd but is very refreshing.

I have a 2-egg omelette every morning - takes about 5 minutes to cook and eat.

Plain (low-sugar) yoghurt with nuts and/or berries

Atkins do a 'Day Break' bar which is low carb, and handy in an emergency. They're quite expensive and I resent paying for them - I've only eaten 2 in the last 6 months :lol: .

Lizi's Granola, about 30g serving, doesn't spike me.

Viv 8)

louiseb

250g ground almonds
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
a squeeze of lemon juice
150g unsalted butter , softened
15g of sweetener of your choice I like stevia
2 large eggs
200ml greek yogurt
120g blueberrys

combine the ingrediants just as you would any muffin mix and divide mixture between 12 muffin cases and cook for about 25 mins on on 180.

louiseb

WhitbyJet said:
Thank you Louise, my girls will be baking this afternoon :)

your welcome, let me know how you get on and your opinion of the muffins.
I like them, but maybe you could adapt the receipe to make them even nicer with your wealth of baking skills. I love to read your receipes and always cant wait to try them out :).

I have played around with the above receipe and tryed many flavours one of my favourite is chocolate and bannana, I just replaced the blueberries with a small amount of coco powder and a few drops of bannana essence.

WhitbyJet

Louise - the muffins are totally yummy, a super recipe, its perfect, thanks again.

Used frozen blueberries, only difference is we added vanilla to the mixture.