Breakfast when Low Carb

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes that's good to remember, I had home made latte banana and because it's Saturday I had a Mini croissant ! Does anyone know can you buy coconut flour in Newcastle on Tyne or area?

@Redbegonia, Yup!
It's available from the Asian stores on Westgate road. Much cheaper and bigger packs than found in supermarkets:D I also get big bags of ground almonds and similar when I venture in to stock up about twice a year!

Signy

busspassman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My diabetic nurse said on no account eat bananas in any shape or form, so there we are. What's food for the goose etc

hornplayer

Lol! - My DN suggested both bananas and pineapple as an ideal snack food! - And that was AFTER we'd had a long discussion about me eating low carb. To add insult to ignorance, if she'd checked my file, she'd have seen that I'm allergic to both bananas and pineapple!! :D :D

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, racism, ridiculous political correctness
hornplayer, Really pathetic isn't it!!!

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Lol! - My DN suggested both bananas and pineapple as an ideal snack food! - And that was AFTER we'd had a long discussion about me eating low carb. To add insult to ignorance, if she'd checked my file, she'd have seen that I'm allergic to both bananas and pineapple!! :D :D

awesome lol

if you have any other problems call in and see me.... or.... run like hell

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
i work early so for me full fat greek youghut strawberrys sprinkling of cinamon and crumble up some cake i have baked ,, x

hornplayer

awesome lol

if you have any other problems call in and see me.... or.... run like hell

Ha! Watch this space! Seeing her again at the end of the month. I can't wait to see what she's going to come up with next.
Seriously, I don't know why they make us go. We're big kids now. If you want the "help" then great, but if you know you're just going to end up sitting there listening to someone who knows very little about diabetes, looking confused and making vague suggestions, what's the point? - I can tickle my own feet!

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Ha! Watch this space! Seeing her again at the end of the month. I can't wait to see what she's going to come up with next.
Seriously, I don't know why they make us go. We're big kids now. If you want the "help" then great, but if you know you're just going to end up sitting there listening to someone who knows very little about diabetes, looking confused and making vague suggestions, what's the point? - I can tickle my own feet!

thats exactly why i no longer bother going, my last dn appt she said i dont know why your here, you know more about this than me... that was october and ive no intention of going back

hornplayer

thats exactly why i no longer bother going, my last dn appt she said i dont know why your here, you know more about this than me... that was october and ive no intention of going back

Hmm, didn't know that saying no was an option. I'm going to try that. :)
Thinking of changing practices anyway. This one makes way too many mistakes. - Mostly because they don't read notes. The only reason I'm still there is that the nurse practitioner is nice (she made most of the notes on my file and acts on them!) and the senior doctor is good. (- he fixes the other doctors screw ups!) The other eight or so are shocking. - I've been diagnosed 16 months. The nurse practitioner did all the leg work and I saw the doctor for 5 min to get a prescription. I haven't even met the diabetic "team". - If you include the appointment when I went in to ask them to check me for diabetes and the one where I got my first prescription two days later, I have had precisely 3 diabetes related appointments in 15 months. What's the point?

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Hmm, didn't know that saying no was an option. I'm going to try that. :)
Thinking of changing practices anyway. This one makes way too many mistakes. - Mostly because they don't read notes. The only reason I'm still there is that the nurse practitioner is nice (she made most of the notes on my file and acts on them!) and the senior doctor is good. (- he fixes the other doctors screw ups!) The other eight or so are shocking. - I've been diagnosed 16 months. The nurse practitioner did all the leg work and I saw the doctor for 5 min to get a prescription. I haven't even met the diabetic "team". - If you include the appointment when I went in to ask them to check me for diabetes and the one where I got my first prescription two days later, I have had precisely 3 diabetes related appointments in 15 months. What's the point?

im not suggesting anyone else dosent go lol but for me, it seems pointless, i went to the doctor today for my diagnosis for a frozen shoulder and said for me to make an appointment to see the dn on my way out as im due all the tests but they forgot to post security on the door and i slipped away :D