Breakfast

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think you should try out some juicing recipes to balance things out and spice things up. Most of the juices for diabetes are really great and makes you have a variety of options to eat with and drink with. Even on some mornings you can have just them to start your day with
Sorry, but I completely disagree with you. Juicing is the worst thing you can do as a Type 2 as it makes the carbs more easily availble and will shoot your blood sugar sky high very quickly, plus would you eat 2/3orange, a banana, and apple and a handful of berries in 1 sitting? not easily but a smoothy could contain all of these plus more and you wouldn't even realise

Dual Stream

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Also avoid things with an -OL on the end. Sorbitol. Dextrosol (which by the way is actually pure glucose) Malitol, alcohol there are some that the body does not metabolise such as erythritol and xylitol which are used as sweeteners instead of sugar and are considered safe.

Fructose in particular is one to restrict if you can. It is not metabolised in the same way as sugar or glucose, but goes direct to the liver where it gets stored for later use. This particular sugar compound is linked to NAFLD or Fatty Liver. Eat fruit in moderation if you must but make it unripe fruit. As fruit ripens the fructose gets converted to glucose hence the sweetness. So green bananas not yellow or black ones. Avoid tropical fruits like Mango. Avoid dried fruits too since the process of drying concentrates the sugar content.

One -OSE missing from the previous list, and which is a common hidden sugar additive is Maltose. Emulsified Starch is another hidden sugar. Maltodextrin is another that creeps in and pushes the bgl readings northwards. Sometimes they are hidden away a 'E' numbers. Eg Maltose is E 636.

I will add MSG (Monosodium Glutamate) not because it causes raised blood sugar, but because it increases Insulin secretion and Insulin resistance, thus is not just a flavour enhancer, but a carb enhancer. So it may amplify the spike from any meal you eat with gravy.
Actually, I’m not have too much trouble avoiding anything at the moment.
I’m fairly certain I’m suffering from Keto-flu.
Not too bad but annoying and unexpected.
Should be gone in a day or two.
Utterly convinced it will be worth it though!

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Actually, I’m not have too much trouble avoiding anything at the moment.
I’m fairly certain I’m suffering from Keto-flu.
Not too bad but annoying and unexpected.
Should be gone in a day or two.
Utterly convinced it will be worth it though!
Try some electrolytes. They often help

Reactions: Dual Stream