Treatment type
Diet only
Hi can anyone advise me , which cereal is best for level controling

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would suggest that to answer this question you need to test your BS levels as different people will have different responses. I avoid all cereals as there are so many other yummy things to eat for breakfast.

Reactions: 4 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
I agree with Mongolia. My levels improved after I cut out all grains & cereals. I have different combinations of bacon, egg & cheese most mornings.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Grains are best avoided. I do have a small quantity of cold milk and plain oats with nuts etc. Avoid porridge as it is stewed oats and high GI

brack43

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was told by doctor to avoid cheese and to only have bacon as a treat. Beginning to think my doctor hasn't a clue what he's doing, thank you will try avoiding cereals and trying this.

photognut

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As an experiment, one morning you could have a fry up consisting of bacon, egg, mushroom, tomato, No bread / grain products, potatoes or sausages (sausages contain wheat). Record blood sugar levels before and two hours after, label findings Dr Death.
The next morning have a bowl of your usual cereal, doesn't matter which one. Again, record sugar levels before and two hours after. Label Dr Best.
Now compare Dr Death with Dr Best, which breakfast spiked your glucose levels?

brack43

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks will try that, just going for my first diabetes eye test!!