Type 1 Breakfast??

o.moore11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pizza and indian food
I've been diabetic for 11 years now, I'm 14 and have to get up really early in the morning for school, getting up so early means I'm not hungry for breakfast, but as soon as i get to school I'm starving and end up eating something sugary. What's something quick and easy to eat,that I can put in my pocket in the morning for school???

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
O.moore11, hello and big welcome to youdo you like nuts? You can get a very nice bag of mixed nuts and keep them in a small container for nibbling , also dairylea cheese slices with chicken or ham rolled up inside,or hard boiled eggs....how about some scotch eggs .......let us know what your fav foods are maybe we can work to this, clive

Reactions: 2 people

o.moore11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pizza and indian food
O.moore11, hello and big welcome to youdo you like nuts? You can get a very nice bag of mixed nuts and keep them in a small container for nibbling , also dairylea cheese slices with chicken or ham rolled up inside,or hard boiled eggs....how about some scotch eggs .......let us know what your fav foods are maybe we can work to this, clive
I cant bring nuts into school, in case of nut allergy suffers but the rest sounds great thank you!

G

graj0

I cant bring nuts into school, in case of nut allergy
That's an interesting dilemna, I wonder what the school considers as more important, hypo or anaphylactic shock, both potentially fatal. Hopefully there's enough non nutty things for you to choose from. All the best.

o.moore11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pizza and indian food
That's an interesting dilemna, I wonder what the school considers as more important, hypo or anaphylactic shock, both potentially fatal. Hopefully there's enough non nutty things for you to choose from. All the best.
Lol I think they would care equally tbh

Reactions: 4 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Babybel cheeses.
Does your school know you're diabetic or do you keep it secret from the school and your friends?
Might make a difference to what you're actually allowed to eat, and when and where.

o.moore11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pizza and indian food
Babybel cheeses.
Does your school know you're diabetic or do you keep it secret from the school and your friends?
Might make a difference to what you're actually allowed to eat, and when and where.
They have to known in case of emergency hypos etc but thanks for the babybel idea love them

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Are you looking for something with carbs? How about a cereal bar or some of those breakfast biscuits? Or crackers and cheese (you can press them together carefully to make a little sandwich package) or even a sandwich (could just be one slice of bread if you prefer) A bagel with topping? A hard boiled egg and slice of bread and butter?

What do you have when you have time at home normally?

o.moore11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pizza and indian food
Are you looking for something with carbs? How about a cereal bar or some of those breakfast biscuits? Or crackers and cheese (you can press them together carefully to make a little sandwich package) or even a sandwich (could just be one slice of bread if you prefer) A bagel with topping? A hard boiled egg and slice of bread and butter?

What do you have when you have time at home normally?
I didnt even think of breakfast biscuits thank you so much, that is the answer

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've eaten them before when I'm in a hurry : D Try a few different ones and get a nice flavour you like. They travel quite well and are packaged in individual portions, but if you bash them they will crack a bit.

Make sure you take a drink too. Four biscuits can be dry to eat without one!

o.moore11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pizza and indian food
I've eaten them before when I'm in a hurry : D Try a few different ones and get a nice flavour you like. They travel quite well and are packaged in individual portions, but if you bash them they will crack a bit.

Make sure you take a drink too. Four biscuits can be dry to eat without one!
Lol

Sobeit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been diabetic for 11 years now, I'm 14 and have to get up really early in the morning for school, getting up so early means I'm not hungry for breakfast, but as soon as i get to school I'm starving and end up eating something sugary. What's something quick and easy to eat,that I can put in my pocket in the morning for school???
Hi o,moore11 :) Maybe a small tub of pumpkin seeds/ sunflower seeds. You can roast them till crunchy ,just watch they dont burn ,and drizzle a little soy sauce on them while warm still.Makes a lovely salty crunchy snack. I have done almonds too but if nuts arent allowed I think the seeds would be nice on their own.Cheese strings perhaps? Dark chocolate,the higher the cocoa content the lower carb it is. Aldi do nice small size bars . A yoghurt might be another option ..

Ewb10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Go ahead biscuits are great-either the fruit or yoghurt coated ones. Easy to keep a stock in your bag or at work/school and eat when you require. Not too high in carbs either. I used to struggle like you and found these were the best option as you can eat them discreetly if you were hungrier a bit later for example.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What ones would u recommended

I like Belvita. I'd avoid the more sugary ones with a filling and go for one of the plainer ones. Honey and Nut, Milk and Cereal, Fruit and Fibre, Cranberry, Crunchy Oats are nice. They also do a crunch range that are thicker biscuits with only 3 in a pack. I like Apricot Crunch of those.

Keep your eye out as various flavours are often on offer.