1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Broken Wrist

Discussion in 'Benefits' started by Davie_sett, Jul 6, 2018.

1. lucylocket61

lucylocket61 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

the OP is in the UK.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Davie_sett

Davie_sett Type 1 · Well-Known Member

i think there alright in the uk so i guess i could see the job centre and i think get a weekly payment and i think they help with rent and stuff it will have to wait until next week becouse im away on holiday tommorow for a week

3. Davie_sett

im not really making much money as a self employed labourer its like a a sub contractor it seems like im just working for someone but with none of the benefits of being employed

• Hug Hug x 1
  4. ringi

ringi Type 2 · Well-Known Member

It is a much lower rate of NI to reflex the lower sickness cover. But do check with a benifit advisor as a broken wrist may be covered. The other option is to sign on as unemployed saying you are giving up labouring.

Also look at housing benefit.

5. Duncan57

Duncan57 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Best go to your local citizens advice office where you will get advised as to what you can claim.

6. Davie_sett

im going there tommorow and see what they say

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook