1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Bronchitis relief

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Rabdos, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Rabdos

Rabdos Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I can't believe that I got bronchitis with such a nice weather (I slept in the same room with my father for a week and he got it from somewhere and gave it to me).

Is there any relief from the thick mucous excretions? I see in supermarkets some teabags that you boil them, etc. Is there anything effective?

I can take mucolytics, but I am afraid that the thin mucous flow further down to the lungs and cause problems.

Any idea?

2. ladybird64

ladybird64 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

3. Rabdos

Guys, if I go to the hospital, will they inject me corticosteroids for my heavy upper resp infection? I am exhausted for 8 days now, but I don't want to waste my time.

4. azure

azure Type 1 · Expert

Speak to your GP to get advice.

5. Rabdos

Is it me and this GP I have or GPs in UK practise defensive medicine and never cooperate with patients?

6. ladybird64

ladybird64 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

We can't tell you what treatment you need. Antibiotics are the probable course of treatment - and I don't think they come under defensive medicine. Go to your GP if you're ill.

7. Rabdos

I went, he gave me antibiotics, but I asked for corticoids too and he only gave me nasal, but they do nothing to me but irritate my nostrils, I need systemic.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook