BS readings

alliebee

On hard core lchf for a while now I had a fasting of 9 today. Had early breakfast of 2 poached eggs n spinach. 2 hours post 7.8.
Just to say again so pleased Ally is ok..was very worried for you. You are doing so well too. :)

Reactions: 8 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
8 just now before dinner,tested twice 8.2 seconed time,not a happy bunny,only had sardiens and tomato for lunch.

Reactions: 6 people

alliebee

Early supper
Vegetable Korma home made. Pre supper 6.8
After 2 hours 7.7
Was very nice though
A nice glass of Rioja currently being relished :)

Reactions: 12 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Cup of tea this afternoon,no exercise realy,apart from makeing evening meal,I wasnt stressed,anyway just had roast chicken and veg,I was starving.
Thanks Bluetit for your concern.

Reactions: 5 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Spot on 5 on waking, 4.7 2hrs after breakfast and 4.7 before dinner at 5pm roast chicken, lots of cauliflower and greens with a few carrot buttons and gravy- now back to 5 ; )

Reactions: 12 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
pre tea 7.8 post 10.6
i had three different veg and cod in batter, now know not to eat the cod in batter again

Reactions: 9 people

alliebee

pre tea 7.8 post 10.6
i had three different veg and cod in batter, now know not to eat the cod in batter again

That's such a shame...I tell you what though Ally. A lot of people on here myself included can have a piece of battered fish from the chippy and doesn't spike us. The battered fish in a box from supermarket sends me high though....might be worth trying chippy next time? Just a thought if you like fish. Or just eat half the batter the first time and test

Reactions: 6 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
That's such a shame...I tell you what though Ally. A lot of people on here myself included can have a piece of battered fish from the chippy and doesn't spike us. The battered fish in a box from supermarket sends me high though....might be worth trying chippy next time? Just a thought if you like fish. Or just eat half the batter the first time and test
Can only agree with alliebee, having thought chippy F&C would be off limits, for 6 months just didn't even try, then some 2/3 weeks ago had a number of family at ours and the consensus was for F&C, I tried 1/2 a battered fish & 4/5 chips, pleased to report no adverse reading after. Have since tried a full fish same amount of chips and again nothing adverse.

But as we all know we are all different.

Reactions: 3 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
I was 8 before dinner last night,and 6.3 two hours later,dont realy understand it.

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
pre tea 7.8 post 10.6

I'm the same as @JohnD54 and @alliebee I can eat a whole battered chippy fish with no effect whatsoever (at 1hr and 2hrs). I began by scraping off all the batter, then tried half batter, then went to the whole thing. I imagine supermarket packets such as Birdseye will have many more carbs than chippy fish. If that is what you had, did you check the label? Also if your choice of veggies included some carby ones, that may not have helped. Such a shame Ally.

Reactions: 2 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
it was harry ramsden frozen battered cod and had cauli, brocolli and cabbage