BS readings

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i love nuts kezzer
You could also try vegetable sticks like carrots, celery, kohlrabi.

Home made pop corn in small quantities is not bad either (have equal quantity as would fit in a small bag of crisps)

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
thank you pavlosn
what i like about this forum is that members are very honest

Reactions: 2 people

loobylou

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I sautee 2 large leeks in a knob of butter till soft add chicken stock and cauliflower and cook till all veggies are soft them stick blend until smooth. Add salt n pepper and pour in some double cream. Yummy. Best soup I've made and next to no carbs. I sometimes add a handfull of kale

thanks Alliebee. Sounds yummy. Definitely try this out on the family at the weekend.

Sam72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
10.2 fasting - it's not only you @ally1 who makes the odd mistake I got a bit complacent last night after having lots of 6s and 7s and thought I might get away with half a piece of cheesecake (no base) but I didn't.
BUT today is a new day and I've had yoghurt and berries and and hours walk and now down to 7.0

I think everyone has moments of anger and frustration and why me that can lead to, in my case, cheesecake. Draw a line under it. Move onwards.

Reactions: 10 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i love nuts kezzer

Ally - One of my quick, light lunches is a Mini Babybel cheese, plus a decent sized egg-cup full of salted peanuts. It's filling and surprisingly few carbs or calories. Personally, I struggle to eat too many more nuts than this, if I want to do it every day, as they can make my tummy uncomfortable and do unwanted things (I'll leave the detail to your imagination!), but they give me a decent salty hit sometimes, when I need it. I'f I'm hungrier that that satisfies, I just have another little cheese. I must admit I tend to buy the multi packs of mini babybel as there's not cutting up, and it makes a very consistent portion size. Buying a bigger piece of cheese and cutting off it would probably be cheaper.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
10.2 fasting - it's not only you @ally1 who makes the odd mistake I got a bit complacent last night after having lots of 6s and 7s and thought I might get away with half a piece of cheesecake (no base) but I didn't.
BUT today is a new day and I've had yoghurt and berries and and hours walk and now down to 7.0

I think everyone has moments of anger and frustration and why me that can lead to, in my case, cheesecake. Draw a line under it. Move onwards.
I can't like this post enough.

I love the way you acknowledged to yourself that you made a mistake and took corrective action with the minimum of fuss or self pity.

We are human and as such we will make mistakes. The important thing is to not let them sidetrack us from our goal but to learn from them.

In a way, by accepting such occasional mistakes as part of our human frailty, we are probably less likely to repeat them than if we react to them as if they are the result of some serious personal character flaw.

In order to control our diabetes we need to believe that we are able to do so and for this we need to maintain a positive self image.

One of the great things about seeing how one can control this disease is the empowering boost to one's belief in one's own abilities.

It is such a great feeling that it makes resisting temptation in order to hold on to it easier to do.

Pavlos

Reactions: 7 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
If we are in confessional mode, I admit to the odd stick of licorice which at the beginning of my journey with T2 would put me up to the 9s. I have been using this as a guide once a month ( or that's my excuse) this months test today gave me a 2hr reading of 6.7.

Must be getting something right, however no complacency that's what I believe can get us in trouble.

Oh and I defo need to get out to our place in Spain for some Sun & R&R.

Happy Thursday to all.

Reactions: 7 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.1 before Walk
3.7 after walk and before lunch
5.2 after lunch...

now I'm dreaming of licorice... thanks to @JohnD54:singing:

Reactions: 6 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I dont post on this thread but love reading it all here so much info and knowledge. Have reduced my carbs to absolute minimum i could possibly reduce to.

bookmite

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That's a hefty spike Bookmite. What did you have to eat?
It was a deliberate sod it moment, that's twice this week :-( I've been shaky for a few days and simply not getting enough calories so tonight I joined in the family meal treat...frankfurter hot dogs in bread rolls , a total of 81g carb . Most days I've been below 45.

I've just tested again at 7.1

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It was a deliberate sod it moment, that's twice this week :-( I've been shaky for a few days and simply not getting enough calories so tonight I joined in the family meal treat...frankfurter hot dogs in bread rolls , a total of 81g carb . Most days I've been below 45.

Well it serves you right then LOL. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:;)

Reactions: 4 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

If you are regularly not eating enough, you are far more likely to fall head first into a carb-tastic feast. I try to ensure I don't go too hungry, too often, or I start looking at all sorts of rubbish in an inappropriate way.

Reactions: 6 people