after 1hr 5.7
after 2hrs 5.3

Reactions: 6 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning
Tested pre lunch and was7.9 and 7.5 !! Then remembered I'd not washed bands and had been handling bread. Cleaned hands and 4.7( rechecked it and4.3 so will go with the 4.7)
Post lunch 5

Reactions: 7 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bedtime 6.1
Fasting Pre Breakfast 5.5
1hr 6.9 FF Yogurt Strawberries Flaxseed
2hr 6.0 Why don't know
Before Lunch 5.0
1hr 6.3 1 x Poached egg on 1 x slice of Seed Sensation Hovis & Butter & a Left over small portion of Haddock 4oz fried
2hr 6.0
3hr 6.3 washed Hands 5.5
Don't know whats happened here! My numbers although are not bad for some reason have all moved slightly up........

Reactions: 2 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i never minded others posting here

That is true but it is also true that the nature of this thread has changed from a personal to a much more public one.

I do not believe anyone begrudges you wanting to have a separate thread of your own.

That does not mean that you can not go on posting here as well.:)

Reactions: 5 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bedtime 6.1
Fasting Pre Breakfast 5.5
1hr 6.9 FF Yogurt Strawberries Flaxseed
2hr 6.0 Why don't know
Before Lunch 5.0
1hr 6.3 1 x Poached egg on 1 x slice of Seed Sensation Hovis & Butter & a Left over small portion of Haddock 4oz fried
2hr 6.0
3hr 6.3 washed Hands 5.5
Don't know whats happened here! My numbers although are not bad for some reason have all moved slightly up........

Breakfast - a lot of fat, which holds down the high spikes but prolongs the rise.
Lunch - same
After washing hands and re-testing, did you do yet another test to confirm one or the other? I always do 3 tests.

Reactions: 4 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast - a lot of fat, which holds down the high spikes but prolongs the rise.
Lunch - same
After washing hands and re-testing, did you do yet another test to confirm one or the other? I always do 3 tests.

No I didn't do 3 to confirm, still learning, gotcha!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
It was me Pavlos. I thought about it and realised so many people post there, that didn't know its Allys thread. Would probably not realise...so thought maybe it would be easier for Ally to start a new one. Sort of phase 2? If I asked everyone to post somewhere else it may not work...I know it was a bit of a rude suggestion. I'm Allys bs buddy. We private message and I'm trying to be a good friend and support her...

Me too, I raised concern that @ally1 thread was being over-run.. And I missed her daily reports....

I certainly would join up to read Ally's journey. I still believe Ally needs more meds to lower levels.. But get lost when trying to find out what has hapoened about her seeing GP etc... And Ally is still running a little higher than I would like to see her running at.

It great to see others doing well, but it is Ally that is my major concern...

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Pre lunch (BLT on brown bread) 5.7
After 2 hours 7.0
After 3 hours 5.7
Pre tea (3 roast chicken thighs and 8 big chips) 5.8
After 2 hours 7.4
Didn't do after 3 hours because a mini mince pie (12 carbs) was looking at me and saying 'eat me' so I did!!

Reactions: 5 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Pre dinner 5.1
Post 7.1 which isn't bad considering what I packed away at the Indian restaurant

Last edited by a moderator:

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Feel a little awkward about this posting, to follow, as this was Ally's thread, I understand Ally has now started another thread to show her journey through this lifetime experience. Hope no one minds in particular Ally, did post 1/2 of my BS results earlier. So here goes,

We are members of a Boat Club, River Cruisers. When we have an event (quite regular) tonight Line Dancing Evening, I don't participate in the dancing but support the bar. But there is always a meal first for every event. We don't get a chance to choose it's either what's on offer or nothing

Before Dinner 4.6
1hr 11.2 Cow Pie ate some of the pastry, peas carrots & gravy, sweet Spotted **** very sm piece tablespoon custard.
2hr 8.8 2 x pnits beer then wine 2 glasses from 6.30 to 11pm
3.5hr 3.6
4.5hr 3.9 This the New accu mobile returned these figures immediately did the SD Code free and was 4.2 big difference
Don't like these figures
Neil

Last edited by a moderator:

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Feel a little awkward about this posting, to follow, as this was Ally's thread, I understand Ally has now started another thread to show her journey through this lifetime experience. Hope no one minds in particular Ally, did post my 1/2 BS the results earlier. So here goes,

We are members of a Boat Club, River Cruisers. When we have an event (quite regular) tonight Line Dancing Evening, I don't participate in the dancing but support the bar. But there is always a meal first for every event

Don't understand how this posted
Before Dinner 4.6
1hr 11.2 Cow Pie ate some of the pastry, peas carrots & gravy, sweet Spotted **** very sm piece tablespoon custard.
2hr 8.8 2 x pnits beer then wine 2 glasses from 6.30 to 11pm
3.5hr 3.6
4.5hr 3.9 This the New accu mobile returned these figures immediately did the SD Code free and was 4.2 big difference
Don't like these figures
Neil

Looks like the dinner had to many carbs for you pastry, peas, carrots, desert even gravy are probably to blame.

The lows that followed are probably alcohol induced. Wine causes me to go low and although I am not much of a beer drinker but I understand that that may cause a spike initially followed by a big drop subsequently. Seems to be what you have experienced.

If not on hypo inducing meds 3,6 and 3,9 are not dangerous in themselves, although you may not feel comfortable at those levels.

Pavlos

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 4 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Pavlos, think your right.
Bedtime was 4.1 @ 1.12am
Fasting Pre Breakfast 4.8
A good start......